St John’s school colours are red, white and grey. We encourage all children to wear school uniform. It
is practical and smart, and provides the children with a sense of belonging, community and pride in
The children wear the following items:
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafore dress as appropriate
- Red and white striped or checked summer dress
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- White or red school polo shirt with school logo [available to order from school]
- Red school sweatshirt and/or red school fleece with school logo [available to order from school]
- Grey, white or black socks or tights as appropriate
- Black flat sensible school shoes [no trainers please]
It is important for health and safety reasons that children change for PE sessions and we recommend that all children should have a PE bag containing the following items:
- Black shorts
- White school PE T-shirt with school logo [available to order from school]
- Black plimsolls
- A spare pair of socks
Other items available from the School office:
- Red school baseball caps and legionnaires’ caps
- Red school book bags
- Red school PE bags
We purchase uniform to order from our supplier and only hold very limited stock. Please feel free to
come into the school office to view samples and order.
We do not encourage the wearing of jewellery in school for health and safety reasons, although simple stud earrings are permitted. These will need to be covered with tape or a plaster during PE lessons.
Watches are also acceptable providing they are not of the ‘novelty’ kind that could detract from learning!
Please could parents ensure that every item of their child’s clothing is clearly named. Iron-on or sew-in name tapes are best, as biro fades very quickly after washing!! Lost, un-named property is stored in the Lost Property Box in school: parents are welcome to search for any lost items in this box at the start or end of the school day: please enquire at the School Office should you need to do this. N.B. The Lost Property box is emptied half termly owing to the volume of unclaimed items that can build up over time.
Shoulder length hair should be tied back: this is for reasons of health, safety and practicality.