St John’s CE First School
St John’s CE First School is situated in the heart of the Wimborne community at the junction of St John’s Hill and Leigh Road. It provides education for children aged four to nine years old.
The school was founded by the Church of England in 1877 and has close links to St John’s Church. We are part of the Wimborne Academy Trust and work closley with a pyramid of Wimborne schools, which offers education up to eighteen years of age.
The school buildings and grounds provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment for children to learn. The Victorian buildings have been skilfully enlarged and adapted to meet the needs of the twenty first century whilst retaining the original character of the school. The school building consists of five spacious classrooms, a well-equipped learning centre, a purpose built hall with a modern kitchen, 2 small group rooms, offices, staffroom and toilets including disabled facilities. The school also benefits from its own playground with a covered area, playing field, multi-play unit, adventure play trail and tyre park, creative arts area featuring an outdoor music trail, a stage area and amphitheatre style seating, storytelling bench, willow dome, raised vegetable beds for each class and a pond/wildlife area.
ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE IS AVAILABLE IN PAPER COPY ON REQUEST FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE