Free School Meals On-line Application
Who can get free school meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
● Income Support
● income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
● income-related Employment and Support Allowance
● support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
● the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
● Child Tax Credit; this is as long as you're not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual gross income is no more than £16,190
● Working Tax Credit 'run-on' payment (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
● Universal Credit: this is as long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who are paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or carer, can also get free school meals.
All children who currently receive or are newly approved for free school meals will remain eligible until at least 31 March 2023.
From 31 March 2023, any child receiving free school meals will remain eligible until they have finished that school phase, for example, a child in reception on 31 March 2023 would remain eligible until they finish First school in 2027.
When you complete an online application school staff don't see any specific information about your income or the benefits you receive.
Apply for free school meals
To apply for free school meals for your child, please click on the link below.
You'll need your National Insurance number or Asylum Seekers Service number so we can make automated checks to confirm your entitlement.
We'll let you know straight away if you qualify for free school meals and send you a confirmation email.
If you need any help in completing the form, please contact the school office on 01202 883675 and we can assist or complete the form on your behalf.