Welcome to St John's CE First School
Our school is a special place with super, hardworking staff, supportive and energetic parents and great children. We hope our website goes some way to reflect this.
We have tried to give you as much information as possible about our school. Whether you are a parent at the school, thinking about choosing a school for your child or just interested in what we are doing then you are all very welcome! St John's is a friendly and caring school for children aged four to nine years old. We provide a creative and exciting curriculum within a safe and stimulating environment.
St John's First School is part of Wimborne Academy Trust and works in partnership with six other schools in Wimborne.
We believe that the children of St John's will be inspired and fulfilled, and will become responsible and confident members of the community with a lifelong enthusiasm for learning.
If you are thinking of sending your child to St John's First School, please e-mail or telephone us for further information. The best way to find out if St John's is the right place for your child is to come and visit us. We will be pleased to welcome you.
Enjoy our website!
Mrs K Anstey
Head of School
Play together, Learn together, Praise together
Article 31: Children have the right to relax, play and join in a wide range of activities.
Article 28: Children have the right to an education.
Article 14: Children have the right to think and believe what they want and also to practise their religion.
- "The level of care, guidance and support for pupils is excellent and ensures pupils become confident and independent learners" Ofsted, July 2009
- "The school's strongly nurturing, inclusive and caring ethos ensures that the needs of all children are well catered for." SIAMS Report July 2014
- "Pupils' personal development and well-being is outstanding and this is reflected in their exemplary attitudes to learning and excellent behaviour." Ofsted, July 2009
- "My daughter has had the best introduction to education I could possibly ask for." Parent, July 2009
- "The headteacher provides outstanding, forward-thinking and compassionate leadership." SIAMS Report July 2014
- "The strong Christian values which totally permeate the work of the school are very clearly supported by all stakeholders." SIAMS Report July 2014
- "This is an outstanding school. It has a very inclusive and caring ethos and prepares pupils excellently for the next stage of their education." Ofsted, July 2009
See Recent Events for more photos.
- RRS Level 2 Report
- ICT Information Evening Presentation
- Summary of Parent/Carer Questionnaire 2016
- Weekly Diary 31 October 2016
- Autumn Term Dates 2016
- Wimborne Academy Trust website
Interested in finding out more about sending your child to St John's?
Learn more and download prospectus